Wednesday, August 20, 2008

(the pina colada song) saved the day!

what is "the pina colada" song, you ask?

rupert holmes' - "Escape" (The Pina Colada Song) lyrics begins something like this:
I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long. Like a worn-out recording of a favorite song. So while she lay there sleeping, I read the paper in bed. And in the personal columns, there was this letter I read:

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain. If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain. If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape. I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me, and escape."



NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED

yesterday DH (da hubby) came home almost in tears....he had been talking "to someone" (i can only guess....but never found out) about "our troubles" and said it made him feel sad and depressed. then he goes on to ask....will you see smith (the marriage counselor/ social worker he's been seeing in lieu of his neurologist and ADD coach for the past two years) with me? or how about (someone else's name) a new ADD coach, ...or how about father K (our parish priest)......?

(and we're back to the old routine....he's depressed, it affects me, and we start an argument).

but this time, i walked away and started humming the pina colada song....in the past, when i felt that the cycle of the old routine was creeping in i would countdown from 100 to 1, and before that i used to "breathe out" the bad vibes, (both have surpassed their usefulness!)....and it actually made me S M I L E.

hours later he came back home (after he drove off somewhere) in a much different, more lighter mood (what a surprise!), and all was well in our household---then we both went to bed.

No comments: